Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My favorite time of year.....Fall






Boy has this summer been busy!! We traveled to PA for the July 4th holiday and spent almost 3 weeks in Florida and then had to evacuate up to PA again for Hurricane Irene. Which didn't even look like anything had come through here when we drove back. But glad we evacuated and spent time w/ Chad's family. After the storm passed I could faintly smell Fall in the air. I get so excited by this as Fall is my favorite time of year. The kids go back to school, the leaves change and fall and there is a crispness in the air and I am finally able to open the windows w/out the air on and let nature in. It also spurs me to bake. I am not sure what it is, but I get this burning desire to bake during the fall. Anything from cakes to cookies to breads. I made some cakes in a jar for Chad while we were in Florida and shipped those off to him and he said they turned out fabulous. So I might try a few more of those. He likes carrot cake so I might try that.

Aside from that, there is a project we are doing and will hopefully have it done before Daddy gets back from deployment. We are going to do Troy's room w/ a Train theme. I have to figure out in which direction I want to go w/ it as I don't want to do cartoonish trains and have Troy out grow it in a year. Plus we have Chase's 1st birthday coming up that I am planning for w/ a Nautical theme. Might do some other painting in the house too. So I have my to do list going and can't wait to mark each one off and post here the results.

No comments: