Monday, April 22, 2013

Its a Circus...

Recently the Circus came to town, The Cole Bros Circus to be exact. I remember as a child my parents taking me to Ringling Bros Circus and boy do I remember it being a big deal, at least  back in the 80's it was a big deal. I remember riding the big elephant, clowns(and not in a good way) and cotton candy. I remember being terrified of the clowns. 

So when I saw the flier come home from Troy's school I knew that we had to take the kids. I actually forgot that Chad had school that night so it ended up just being me wrangling all 3 but we went. Even though we live in a small town, I did not expect the turn out that it brought and I should have splurged for VIP tickets as that would have gotten us Center Ring. But I went economical and we had ok seats. It actually worked out in the end because we had the back row to which the boys could stand on their seats. Before we made it in for the show, I did just as my parents did with me and had the kids ride the big elephant out front. Chase was excited at first because he had no idea what was about to happen. Once faced with the gentle giant, he panicked like he always does and wanted me. But I sandwiched him behind Troy (who got to sit right up front) and in front of Emily. He had no choice. LOL!! He finally stopped crying after lap 1 of 2. We ate popcorn and drank soda and enjoyed the show.






No comments: